- We currently resell, reuse or recycle 95% of our donated items. Help us reach our goal of 100% by following our guidelines below 95% 95%
Donations accepted Monday-Saturday from 10:00am – 5:00pm at our donation center located
at 8162 Flannery Court, Manassas, Virginia.
We do not offer in-home pickup services.
We DO take:
Clothes, toys, jewelry, kitchen goods, collectibles, kitchen small appliances (in great to excellent condition), linens, handbags, shoes (no holes, tears, etc.), luggage (in like new condition), furniture (no chips, animal hair, scratches etc.), home decor, wall art, mirrors, picture frames, decorative pillows (NO bed pillows), books (children’s and religious ONLY), DVDs, CDs, board games (in good condition), new (in the original packaging) underwear and socks, video games
We DO NOT take:
Electronics, used underwear, used socks, broken or worn furniture, bed pillows, VHS tapes, cassette tapes, 8-track tapes, laser discs, mattresses, bed frames, used animal accessories, office furniture, upholstered furniture that has been exposed to pets, used cribs, used car seats, used booster seats, opened puzzle boxes
1. Items must be washed (clothes, linens, etc.)
2. Items must be in good condition (no paint chips, breaks, tears, broken pieces, broken zippers, etc.)
3. Items must not contain corporate logos with the exception of branded sportswear (Nike, Under Armour, etc.). This includes clothes, water bottles, glassware, tote bags, luggage, etc.
4. Items with university logos are accepted as long as no dates, with the exception of organization founding dates, are included.
4. Shoes and handbags must be in good condition with no holes, worn soles, cracked leather, etc.
5. Housewares must be in good condition. Please no stained, scratched, cloudy or burnt cookware, glassware or plasticware.
1. Rags (clothing that is stained, ripped, missing buttons, zippers, etc. or clothing with a date, or local logo may be bagged in a WHITE garbage bag and when dropped off, please tell us that it is for “rags”.
2. Technology (We will take small appliances such as alarm clocks, and other electronics. We will not resell computers or laptops. We do not claim responsibility for any personal data left on donated electronic devices. We cannot take items that are out of date.)
Frequently Asked Questions
Do you pick up donations?
Unfortunately, we do not have the staff to pick up items.
Why don't you take used mattresses?
It is illegal to sell used mattresses that have not been cleaned and sanitized. While we have the capacity to sanitize small throw pillows, we don't have the expertise or resources to clean and santize mattresses.
Why are you so particular about what items you take?
Every item donated is accepted with the goal of selling it in our thrift store or to our partner vendors to fund our food pantry. Items that are unsellable end up in the trash and too frequent trash pickups takes away money for the food pantry. If you wouldn't buy it, help us help others by throwing it away in your home trash pickup.
Do you take VHS and cassette tapes?
This medium is not common anymore and it is not as in demand as CDs and DVDs are to our thrift store customers.